20 Smart Gift Ideas for Kids Who Love LOGIC PUZZLES
Do you know a logic-minded kid? A kid who loves brain teasers, lateral thinking puzzles, code cracking, critical thinking games, and more? Here’s a list for the “brainiac” kiddos who enjoy a good mind challenge.
1. Puzzle Snacks Book
This book isn’t full of literal snacks, but rather bit-size puzzles in a variety of forms. With more than 100 short puzzles, a logic-loving kid has plenty to keep them busy whenever they have a spare few minutes.
2. Kids' Puzzles Book
From mazes to crosswords to logic puzzles and more, this book offers a variety of puzzle games at an affordable price point.
3. Wooden Hexagon Puzzle
Excellent for kids of all ages, this hexagon puzzle poses a good hands-on geometry and spacial challenge. But it’s also versatile, in that kids can also get creative and create artwork with the pieces outside the plate.
- Geometric IQ Game: Endless possibilities for kids adults building blocks, not only limited to the instructions, but also try to figure out more solutions to make fantastic works of art. Put the pieces in and fill in the bottom plate, then you make it!
- Logical Learning Puzzle: 7 color and 14 pieces different shape blocks make a terrific brain puzzle. Each side measures 3.54 inch, Product size: 7.3x6.3x0.39 inch (outer frame included). Package contains a detailed instruction for a new player.
4. Brain Teasers Book for Kids
The stellar reviews on this brain teaser book tell you all you need to know about what kids think of it. One reviewer wrote, “They are challenging without being frustrating.” Looks best for ages 7 and up.
- Woo! Jr. Kids (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
5. Kanoodle 3-D Puzzle
Our 10-year-old has this puzzle game and it’s awesome. He got it because a 6-year-old friend had it, so it’s great for a variety of ages. (As long as they’re old enough not to put the pieces in their mouths.)
- OVER 3 MILLION GAMES SOLD! Challenge your noggin with this best-selling, award-winning, brain-twisting, solo game
- 2-D & 3-D BRAIN TEASER PUZZLE GAME: Kanoodle is a brain teaser puzzle game that includes 12 puzzle pieces, 200 puzzle challenges, a 48-page illustrated puzzle book, and a carrying case. Perfect brain teaser, travel game
6. 3-D Wooden Brain Teaser
Wooden toys are all the rage, as people try to move away from plastic. This hands-on 3-D puzzle is sure to challenge kids of all ages as they problem-solve to get it put back together.
- The wooden puzzles may look simple, but they contains lots of mysteries, they are usually easy to disassemble but difficult to assemble, each wooden Puzzle is special and unique, a lot of fun to play with it. Newest version comes with gift packing box.Perfect gift for all festivals, Valentine's Day, Birthday & Christmas & New Year & Children’s day & Easter & Halloween & Thanksgiving
- Playing with wooden brain teasers can not only exercise brain, develop intelligence, improve problem-solving ability, but also relieve pressure, relax mood and gain pleasure, you and family will have quite a lot of fun through this interlocking brain toy
7. KINGOU Wooden Logic Puzzle
Lock puzzles are tricky, but fun. Once they’re pulled apart, it can be a bear to put them back together, but that’s where the fun is. Recommended for ages 5 and up, but we think you could go a few years younger.
- Name: Wooden Sphere Puzzle. Please note the size: 2.36 x 2.36 x 2.36 (inch) ★KINGOU is a registered brand, the trademark number is 5034717★
- Children should be used under adult supervision. It is a puzzle that will entertain and challenge all of yours
8. Perfectly Logical! Brain Teasers and Logic Puzzles for Smart Kids Book
Our 11-year-old loves this book! It’s just hard enough for him to be challenged, but not so hard that he can’t do most of the puzzles.
9. Rubik's Cage Game
Rubik’s cubes are all the rage—again—so if you know a kid who has the cube algorithms down, this game may provide a new challenge for them. Recommended for ages 7 and up.
- Rubik's cage is the multi-player, multi-plane challenge sure to confound even the very best Rubik's solvers.
- On a turn, players can insert a cubie, turn a level of the cage or flip the entire cage.
10. BePuzzled 8-sided Puzzle
With 1600 reviews with an average of 4.5 stars, this cast metal puzzle looks like a delightful brain challenge. Probably best for kids on the slightly older side.
- Hanayama's News Puzzle is an intricate, 8-sided puzzle that will put your skills to the test
- Can you separate the pieces and then reassemble the puzzle?
11. ThinkFun Shape by Shape Logic Game
We have this game, and it’s fun for all ages. It basically a tangrams set with a deck of cards that tell you what to make, with the solutions on the other side.
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leader in brain and logic games.
- Develops critical skills - Players build visual perception and logical reasoning skills through fun gameplay.
12. ThinkFun Cat Crimes Logic Game
ThinkFun makes great games and puzzles, and this one looks really unique. More than 200 reviews with 4.5 stars makes Cat Crimes a safe bet for logic lovers.
- Trusted By Families Worldwide - With Over 50 Million Sold, Thinkfun Is The World'S Leading Manufacturer Of Brain Games And Mind Challenging Puzzles
- Develops Critical Skills – Gameplay Provides A Stealth Learning Experience, Where Players Learn Critical Reasoning And Logical Deduction Skills As They Solve The Increasingly Difficult Challenges
13. Metal and Wooden 3-D Puzzles
How about an entire set of different 3-D puzzles? This metal an wooden puzzle set gives kids multiple ways to challenge their brains and enjoy some screen-free time.
14. Q-Bitz Junior
Q-bitz Jr. helps develop symmetry, memory, visual dexterity, and spatial reasoning, all while encouraging friendly competition as players race to complete the visual pattern on the cards with their cubes. Ages 8+.
- GAMES THAT TEACH: MindWare Q-bitz Jr. game is a fun challenge for younger kids to practice spatial reasoning, visual dexterity, pattern identification, and hand eye coordination.
- VARIETY PLAY: In Q-bitz Jr, players try to recreate the pattern card with their set of cubes. Play solo or with up to 4 players! The Parent Guide has additional activities to practice patterns, sorting and memory.
15. Marble Circuit Logic Single Player Game
This multi-directional marble maze game includes 50 challenging puzzles you have to create with the tiles and then test by releasing the silver marble. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- Train Your Brain: MindWare’s Marble Circuit is the brain-teasing solo game that keeps you occupied for hours! This addictive marble race puts a spin on traditional logic games for kids and adults.
- Easy to Play: Choose a card to see your puzzle’s set-up, then place the multi-directional tiles where you think they should go on the board. Release the steel marbles to see if you land your targets. Move the tiles until you deliver a perfect landing!
16. ThinkFun Rush Hour Traffic Jam
Again, ThinkFun makes some of the best critical thinking games, and Rush Hour Traffic Jam is one of them. Figure out how to get your car through the traffic jam to win. Check out the nearly 1000 5-star reviews.
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leading manufacturer of brain games and mind challenging puzzles
- Develops critical skills - Playing through the challenges builds reasoning and planning skills and provides a great stealth learning experience for young players
17. GAN Magnetic Speed Cube
If a kid likes solving the Rubik’s cube and is working on doing it fast (speed cubing), they’ll want a magnetic cube. Magnetic cubes spin more easily than traditional cubes with no “catching” or over-rotating—it’s quite satisfying.
- IT'S COST EFFECTIVE - Have you ever craved a GAN cube with latest mechanism but just a portion cost of flagship? Now you've found it - GAN 356 M, with plastic core, new GES design, visible magnets, anti-scratch surface and a lot more features in mid-range price. It's the modern cube that really hits the spot!
- IT'S VISBILE MAGNETIC - If you never played with magnetic cube, you should not miss this! GAN356 M has strong magnets inside which you could turn the layers into right position with much higher speed. Visible magnets always remind you that you're holding the best brand on hand. Welcome to the brand new start of magnetic cubing!
18. Megaminx Speed Cube Set
If three speed cubes aren’t enough (or if a kid already has those), this set includes other options for Rubik’s cube lovers.
- Fast Smooth Turning Cube: Well-engineered magic cubes with good cornering and easy smooth twisting, this 5 pack magic cube bundle provides joyful cubing experience. It's a must-have to your collection of speed cubes.
- Brain Teasers: Educational toys combining education & entertainment — solving the speed cube is a good way for brain training, improving kids' memory, concentration, patience, logical thinking, spatial thinking, and hand flexibility.
19. Wire Puzzles Set
This set of 16 metal puzzles will challenge (and probably frustrate for a while, which is half the fun) brains of all ages.
20. Logic Tangram Set
This tangram set is similar to the Thinkfun one above, only it’s made from wood instead of plastic, making it a more environmentally friendly option. The puzzle game also comes in a beautiful wooden display box.
Bonus Power Gifter Ideas
If a kid has just started getting into cubing, here’s a 14-pack that will keep them busy for months.
- ENVIRONMENTAL MATERIAL AND BRIGHT-COLOURED STICKER: This style speed cube bundle is made of non-toxic ABS material and long lasting non-fading stickers, eco-friendly and Ideal for kids’ early cognitive development.
- PERFECT GIFT : This speed cube set contains 14 pcs cubes (Pyramid Cube, 2x2, Megaminx Cube, Magic Rainbow Ball, Smooth Sticker Cubes and more). Multiple styles for beginner, intermediate and professional players to solve in stages. Great Christmas/Birthday/Children’s Day Gift, never get out of fashion.
Gift Guides by Interest
Welcome to Kid Gift Guides!
Here at KGG, we make buying gifts for children and teens simple, streamlined, and sanity-saving.
Our carefully curated lists are:
Organized by interest. If you know lil’ Jordan loves Pokemon or Jessica loves science, you can head straight for the lists that match a kid’s interests.
Filtered for quality. We only include top-rated items. We also run each gift idea through our “real kid filter,” and if we don’t hear an “Ooooh, I’d want that!” or “That’s so cool!” it doesn’t make our list.
Conscious of budget. Everyone’s budget is different, so for our main lists we try to keep most gifts between $5 and $30, with one or two up to $50. (Prices change all the time, so no guarantees, but we do our best.) For those who know they want to spend over $50, we also include Bonus Power Gifter ideas at the end of each list.
Our goal at KGG is to save you time, perhaps some money, and definitely some valuable brain space.
We make kid gift shopping easy. No guesswork. No duds.